R – 1 Temporary Religious Workers
Allows foreign national to come to the United States temporarily to be employed at least part time (average of at least 20 hours per week) by a non-profit religious organization in the United States (or an organization which is affiliated with the religious denomination in the United States) to work as a minister or in a religious vocation or occupation.
- Foreign nationals must have been members of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least 2 years immediately before the filing of the petition;
- If the religious worker will be working as a minister, they must provide a religious worker’s certificate of ordination or similar documents;
- Religious workers must intend to depart the U.S. upon the completion of their authorized stay;
- The religious denomination or the affiliate to which the Religious worker belongs must be exempt from taxation, or the religious denomination must qualify for tax-exempt status; and
- The religious worker can receive a salaried or non-salaried compensation.
The initial period of admission is for up to 30 months. Subsequent extensions may be granted for up to an additional 30 months. The religious worker’s total period of stay in the United States in R-1 classification cannot exceed 5 years.
Benefits of Using VisaExpress USA
- Personalized Service: You will receive service from an attorney with over 20 years of experience.
- Time Saving: The process will be Fast, Easy & Secure;
- Experience: Competent immigration attorneys will prepare and file your case;
- Cost Effective: You will avoid costly mistakes and possible delays with USCIS;
- Immediate Access: You can track 24 hours a day the progress of your case online;
- Convenient: You will receive timely responses online; and
- Economical: You will pay a low cost for the work we do, no surprises.