M – 1 Student Visa
The M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training.
- You must be enrolled in a vocational program;
- Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement;
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution;
- You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency;
- You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study; and
- You must maintain a residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up.
M-1 students may engage in practical training only after they have completed their studies and any off-campus employment must be related to their area of study and must be authorized prior to starting any work by the Designated School Official (the person authorized to maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)) and USCIS.
Benefits of Using VisaExpress USA
- Personalized Service: You will receive service from an attorney with over 20 years of experience;
- Time Saving: The process will be Fast, Easy & Secure;
- Experience: Competent immigration attorneys will prepare and file your case;
- Cost Effective: You will avoid costly mistakes and possible delays with USCIS;
- Immediate Access: You can track 24 hours a day the progress of your case online;
- Convenient: You will receive timely responses online; and
- Economical: You will pay a low cost for the work we do, no surprises.