Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
This nonimmigrant classification enables:
- A U.S. employer to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States; or
- A foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send a specialized knowledge employee to the United States to help establish one.
To qualify the employer must:
- Have a qualifying relationship with a foreign parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate; and
- Currently be, or will be, doing business as an employer in the United States;
- Currently be, or will be doing business in at least one other country for the duration of the beneficiary’s stay in the United States as an L-1.
To qualify the employee must:
- Have been working abroad with foreign employer for one continuous year within the three years immediately prior his or her admission to the United States; and
- Be seeking to enter the United States to provide services in a specialized knowledge capacity to a branch of the same employer or one of its, subsidiaries or affiliates.
This visa gives a period of stay in the U.S. for one year to establish a new office. All other employees will be allowed a maximum stay of 3 years. Extensions may be granted in up to 2-year increments. Maximum period of stay is generally 5 years.
Benefits of Using VisaExpress USA
- Personalized Service: You will receive service from an attorney with over 20 years of experience.
- Time Saving: The process will be Fast, Easy & Secure;
- Experience: Competent immigration attorneys will prepare and file your case;
- Cost Effective: You will avoid costly mistakes and possible delays with USCIS;
- Immediate Access: You can track 24 hours a day the progress of your case online;
- Convenient: You will receive timely responses online; and
- Economical: You will pay a low cost for the work we do, no surprises.